Nagsasa Cove with sidetrip to Camara Island, Capones Island and Anawangin Cove
To see pictures of the different coves and island covered in this itinerary visit our Pundakit, Zambales Photo Album at our Facebook Page.
0900 AM Assembly at Victory Liner Caloocan
1000 AM ETD to San Antonio, Zambales
1200 NN Lunch on the bus (Packed Lunch)
0200 PM ETA San Antonio; Ride Tricycle to Pundakit
0220 PM ETA Pundakit; Go to bangkero; Change Clothes
0240 PM ETD ETD to Nagsasa Cove (Boat)
0320 PM ETA Nagsasa Cove; Set up Camp, Secure belongings then explore the cove
0630 PM Dinner
0530 AM Wake Up and Prepare Breakfast
0630 AM Break Camp
0700 AM ETD to Anawangin Cove (Boat)
0720 AM ETA Anawangin Cove; Explore the Cove
1000 AM ETD to Capones Island (Boat)
1020 AM ETA Capones Island; Explore Island
1130 AM Lunch
1230 PM ETD to Camara Island (Boat)
1240 PM ETA Camara Island; Explore Island
0130 PM ETD to Pundakit (Boat)
0150 PM ETA Pundakit; Rest and Freshen Up
0250 PM ETD to San Antonio (Tricycle)
0310 PM ETA San Antonio; Wait for non-airconditioned bus to Olongapo
0410 PM ETA Olongapo; Buy tickets to Metro Manila
0710 PM ETA Metro Manila
ETD – Estimated Time of Departure
ETA – Estimated Time of Arrival
BUDGET per person (for 10 pax)
P256.00 / pax – Bus from Caloocan to San Antonio, Zambales (Victory Liner)
P25.00 / pax – tricycle (San Antonio to Pundakit)
P25.00 / pax – Tricycle (Pundakit to San Antonio)
P41.00 / pax – Non-airconditioned bus from San Antonio to Olongapo (Victory Liner)
P205.00 / pax – Bus from Olongapo to Metro Manila (Victory Liner)
P540.00 / pax – Boat (1800 per boat, 3 boats)
P150.00 / pax – Food (Day 1 Dinner; Day 2 Breakfast & Lunch)
P100.00 / pax – Entrance Fee, Nagsasa Cove
P50.00 / pax – Entrance Fee, Anawangin Cove
P208.00 / pax – Extra Money (in case of price adjustments)
P1,600.00 / pax
*Not included in Budget: Day 1 Lunch, Day 2 Dinner
Updates on the boat rates can be seen here.
THINGS TO BRING
Tent (Good for 10 pax)
Food (Day 1 Dinner; Day 2 Breakfast and Lunch)
4L water (3L personal, 1L group)
Mess kit (Spoon and Fork, Small Tupperware)
- Pack light.
- Bring as few bags as possible, recommended 1 bag only.
- Plan your clothing.
- Plan food.
- Water proof all electronics and dry clothes.
- Expect to get wet on the boat ride.
- No cellphone signal in Nagsasa Cove and Anawangin Cove
- Day 2 Lunch will include bangkero/boatman.
- Keep your own trash.
- We discourage the use of plastic spoon and fork and paper plates.
- Do not vandalize.
- Itinerary may change depending on the weather.
- Do not leave your valuables unattended.
- Leave No Trace.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
- For schedules of Victory Liner Buses from Metro Manila to Zambales check the Victory Liner Website here http://www.victoryliner.com/schedules/
- Bus to Zambales and back to Metro Manila will have a stop over at Double Happiness Restaurant, Sta Cruz, Lubao, Pampanga.
- Non-airconditioned bus (Victory Liner) from Iba to Olongapo is available 24 hours.
From 3AM to 9PM bus leaves at an interval of 30 mins per bus.
From 9PM to 3AM bus leaves at an interval of 1 hour per bus.
Data taken from Victory Liner Bus Driver.
- There are sari-sari stores, water refilling station and drug stores located at San Antonio.
- There are also sari-sari stores in Pundakit.
- There is a souvenir shop located in Pundakit.
- There are dogs in Nagsasa Cove, always secure your food, mostly at night.
- Land breeze at night can get strong, secure clothing and put enough weights on your tent to prevent you from picking them in the water.
- You can rent a kerosene lamp in Nagsasa Cove for P80 / night. Ours was lit from 6PM until I turned it off at 12:30AM.
- There’s a sari-sari store in Nagsasa Cove.
Small C2: P25 / bottle
Small Summit Distilled Water: P25 / bottle
1.5L Coca Cola Softdrink: P100 / bottle
They also sell ice, but supply is usually low. They sell it at prices of P25, P50 and P70.
- There’s a comfort room in Nagsasa Cove.
- Sometimes there’s a fishing boat that drops by Nagsasa Cove and sells fresh fish.
When I asked them how much is the lobster, they told me it was P300 per kilo.
- There’s also a sari-saristore in Anawangin Cove.
- They also sell halo-halo for P30.
- There are also rain maker and sumpaksellers in Anawangin Cove and Nagsasa Cove.
- The river in Anawangin Cove gets dry during summer.
- Sometimes the water near the beach and in the river of Anawangin Cove and in Nagsasa Cove becomes warm , especially during summer season.
0916 273 2887 – Mang Randy (Pundakit Boatman)
0910 805 3388 – Mang Florante (Pundakit Boatman)
Follow my Pundakit, Zambales Series
- Nagsasa Cove – Anawangin Cove – Capones Island – Camara Island Itinerary
- Boat Rate Standardization at Pundakit, Zambales
- Walking to Pundakit Falls
- 5 Peso Boat Ride in Pundakit
- The Clean Vendors of Anawangin