We just got back in De Loro Inn and there was no way we were going back to Manila again without trying the famous Tamilok. Besides, we were having dinner with our new found friends from the tour and we all decided to eat at Kinabuchs Grill and Bar.
And after a shower and a change of clothes we were knocking on the doors of our tourmates who were also staying in De Loro Inn and off we went to Kinabuchs!
First on our mind’s menu was the Tamilok. Quoting from the Jovial Wanderer – “Meet the tamilok. These creatures are Mangrove worms that are often mistaken as a worm. I read from another site that itâ€™s actually a mollusk â€“ falling under the same classification of squids, snails and clams.”
It costs P115 per plate and one plate can make 8 of us experience the Tamilok.
The suggested way of eating the Tamilok is to dip it first in the vinegar or as other says “lutuin sa suka“.
It did taste like a squid’s fresh tentacles! This is definitely a must try when you go to Puerto Princesa, Palawan.
According to the waiter, there’s only a limited stock of Tamilok and sometimes they do not have it. Better call Kinabuch to check if there’s a supply of fresh Tamilok before heading there.
Definitely! The Sizzling Pork Sisig was good, but the Sizzling Seafood Sisig was much much better. Definitely a must try.
With all the food that we ate, lots of stories and laughter shared. We all went back to our respective lodging and ready to sleep. Until next time guys, I wish to see you again. 🙂
P115.00 – Tamilok
P120.00 – Laing
P185.00 – Sizzling Seafood Sisig
P160.00 – Sizzling Pork Sisig
P145.00 – Sinigang na Baboy
P140.00 – 2 Platter plain rice
P90.00 – Kanin ni 04
P70.00 – Pineapple Banana Shake
P65.00 – Iced Cafe Latte
P45.00 – Iced Tea Slush
P70.00 – Buko Shake
P140.00 – 2 Mango Banana Shake
P60.00 – Mango Shake
P140.50 – Service Charge
P1,545.50 – TOTAL FOOD EXPENSE (8 pax)
P193.13 – Food expense per pax
+ P14.00 – Tricycle from and to lodging (P7.00/pax/ride)
P207.13 – Total Expense per pax
Dining with a new cool friends from the tour, priceless! 🙂
Kinabuchs Grill & Bar
Address: 369 Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Tel. No.: (048) 434 5194
Follow my Puerto Princesa Series
- Cheaper Way to Tour Puerto Princesa, Palawan (Helpful)
- Puerto Princesa Do-It-Yourself 4D3N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Puerto Princesa, Palawan 3D2N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Badjao Seafront Restaurant (Food)
- Kalui Restaurant (Food)
- Kinabuchs Grill and Bar (Food)
- Noki Nocs (Food)
Follow my Sabang Port,Â Puerto Princesa Series
- 9 Things to Do at Sabang in Puerto Princesa (Overview)
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Do-It-Yourself Travel Guide (Helpful)
- How to get an Entry Permit to the Underground River in Puerto Princesa (Helpful)
- How to get to Sabang, Puerto Princesa (Helpful)
- Lodgings in Sabang, Puerto Princesa, Palawan (Helpful)
- Sabang Waterfalls
- Mangrove Paddle Boat Tour
- Food Tripping in Sabang
- Ugong Rock Caving