Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lakascomph1/lakas.com.ph/wp-content/plugins/old-to-new-agoda-link-converter/includes/AGLinkConverter.php on line 235
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lakascomph1/lakas.com.ph/wp-content/plugins/old-to-new-agoda-link-converter/includes/AGLinkConverter.php on line 209
I was walking from Pundakit Falls last April 2011 when I bumped into Mang Florante, a boatman that I regularly hire when I am in Pundakit. He told me one of the good news for tourists and travellers who wants to go to Capones Island, Camara Island, Anawangin Cove, Talisayen Cove, Nagsasa Cove and Silangin Cove, it is the Standardization of the Boat Rates at Pundakit Zambales.
FERRY BOAT RATE/FARE
SAN ANTONIO, ZAMBALES
BIG BOAT PER HEAD
|Whole Day or Over Night|
|Pundaquit to Camara – P150||Pundaquit to Camara – P700|
|Pundaquit to Capones – P150||Pundaquit to Capones – P1,000|
|Pundaquit to Annawangen – P200||Pundaquit to Annawangen – P1,000|
|Pundaquit to Talisayen – P300||Pundaquit to Talisayen – P1,500|
|Pundaquit to Nagsaza – P400||Pundaquit to Nagsaza – P1,800|
|Pundaquit to Silangen – P600||Pundaquit to Silangen – P2,500|
|Island Hopping – P300
Camara, Capones & Annawangen
|Island Hopping – P1,500
Camara, Capones & Annawangen
“TURISMO’Y PAG INGATAN, SAPAGKAT ITOY ATING YAMAN, KAYA SUMUNOD SA MAAYOS NA PATAKARAN”
“WOW PUNDAQUIT! SULONG SAN ANTONIO”
How does this become good news?
There were 2 problems when this standardization of prices was not implemented.
- Some of my friends who went there were offered insanely high prices just for their boat ride. For example, one of my friends were offered a P2,000 peso boat ride to Anawangin Cove only.
- Some of the boatmen offer way too low prices. Like P800 for the island hopping Camara Island, Capones Island & Anawangin Cove. This becomes a problem because the boatmen are not getting enough or are not happy with their income from touring you around. A unhappy tour guide is equivalent to a bad service.
This is great it protects both the boatman and the tourist.
Are the boatmen really happy about this?
According to Mang Florante, they had this forum where all the bangkeros and the local government officials gather and talk about the prices and the policies where all the parties involved would be happy and give good quality service. Since the boatmen have voiced out on the forum, I think it is safe to say that most boatmen are happy with this standardization.
Room for improvement
I think they should also include the prices if the Island Hopping would include Nagsasa Cove, Talisayen Cove and Silangin Cove.
If you are going to Pundakit for an outing then you can hire Mang Florante and his boatmen to tour you around. Here is his number 0910-805-3388.
Follow my Pundakit, Zambales Series
- Nagsasa Cove â€“ Anawangin Cove â€“ Capones Island â€“ Camara Island Itinerary
- Boat Rate Standardization at Pundakit, Zambales
- Walking to Pundakit Falls
- 5 Peso Boat Ride in Pundakit
- The Clean Vendors of Anawangin