El Nido, Palawan has a total land cover of 92,000 hectares with 45 islands, 2,645 hecatares of mangrove forest, 447 species of corals, 888 species of fish, 5 species of marine turtles and 114 species of birds. With such a wide spread area there should be a big fund to support and protect them. That’s where the Eco-Tourism Development Fee (ETDF) comes.
The collection of the ETDF is a way to maintain a sustainable protection program of El Nido’s natural resources from the high impact of tourism on the environment.
During my trip to El Nido I saw several travellers complaining when they were being collected with the ETDF. Most of the travellers that come to El Nido does not know of the ETDF.
How much should is the ETDF?
|200 Pesos/person||Non-Palawan residents||Valid for 10 days|
|500 Pesos/person||Non-Palawan residents||Valid for more than 10 days|
|100 Pesos/person||Palawan residents||Valid for 10 days|
|50 Pesos/person||Palawan students||Valid for 10 days|
Where does the ETDF go?
|10%||Protected Area Office|
|50%||Environmental and Tourism Projects|
|10%||Barangay Eco-Tourism Projects|
|10%||General fund of the Municipal Government|
Want to more on how to protect El Nido?
Watch this 5-minute video
Follow my El Nido, Palawan Series
- My Top Things To Do in El Nido (Summary)
- How much did I spend on my 4th time in El Nido (4th Visit Expense Report)
- My El Nido, Palawan Budget (1st Visit Expense Report)
- El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A and C (Helpful)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2011 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2014 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2012)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2016)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C
- Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beach (Must Visit)
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Zipline
- Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach (Must Visit)
- Mangrove Eco Park (Must Visit)
- Yaposan Beach
- Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach (Must See)
- Malugao Beach
- El Nido, Palawan 5D4N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Quality Hotel)
- Agape Transient House (House for rent. Ideal for Big Groups)
- Tay Miloy's Inn (Cheap Accommodation)
- Gawad Kalinga Lodge & Restaurant (Beach front)
- Jack's Place (Nacpan Beach)
- Where to Stay in El Nido, Palawan
- Mezzanine Restobar
- Bald Guy Grill: Big Hungarian Sausage Sandwich
- Odessa Mama Street Cafe: Ukrainian Kitchen
- Daytripper Palawan: Puerto Princesa to El Nido (Recommended)
- Cherry Bus
- RORO Bus
- Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service (Vans)
- Eulen Joy (Vans)
- Boats from El Nido to Coron and Vice Versa