Updated November 28, 2013.
If you have read about my 300 Pesos per night lodging at El Nido, Palawan then you already know that I went to El Nido without researching about the place.
El Nido is famous for its island hopping. Being alone and having a limited budget I was afraid that I would not be able to do Island Hopping. Fortunately, the Department of Tourism in El Nido had a solution for this. All the rates of the tours are on a per person basis.
What tour operators in El Nido do is that they group different travellers on boats so that it would not be too expensive to rent one whole boat making all types of travelers happy. With my very affordable lodging and their payment scheme for island hopping, I now certify El Nido, Palawan as a Solo Traveler friendly place.
What’s the worst thing to happen to a solo single traveller during a island hopping tour? It’s to be grouped with two people who are on their honeymoon!
Yes, they were sweet. Yes, I did feel their love for each other. And yes, our bangkeros were teasing me that I should get a partner for my trips. LOL!
Moving on, let me show you some of the pictures why I would recommend El Nido, Palawan as a solo traveller destination and also a honeymooners destination.
In the Small Lagoon you will have to go down your pump boat and swim towards a small opening where you will access to a small lagoon walled with cliffs of rocks. It is somewhat the same with Twin Lagoon of Coron.
Here you will just pass by a big lagoon. Unfortunately, they discourage people to swim in there due to the depth of the lagoon and also if you are trapped in the Big Lagoon during the low tide you will have to wait for the high tide to get out of there. That would take a loooong time.
Our bangkero was planning that we have our lunch at Simizu Island, fortunately when we were nearing the island they saw that there were many island hoppers there so they decided to take us first in the Secret Lagoon. We had the Secret Lagoon to ourselves! While Kuya Jimmy was preparing our lunch, Kuya Joseph guided us to the entrance of the not-so-secret Secret Lagoon. The name Secret Lagoon comes from the only small opening that is not easily seen to the lagoon.
Simizu is a snorkeling spot named after a chinese diver who unfortunately died due to the strong current when he was diving on an underwater cave near the island. The island near it is named Pinaglungaban Island. The Simizu Island is famous for fish feeding.
7 Commando Beach
It is named 7 Commando Beach because during the war, there were 7 commandos that were lost in the island. Here you can buy some chips, drinks and coconuts. Coconuts cost 30 Pesos a piece in this island but it is worth it to refresh you from the hot sun. This is the last stop of the Island Hopping Tour A where you can spend time to sit back, relax and have a dip in the water.
A little before 5PM we were back in the town of El Nido.
Was the 700 Pesos for the tour worth it? YES! YES! YES! Island hopping is a must try in El Nido.
Congratulations to Mr. Rollie and Mrs. Shey Salanatin! It was nice to be grouped with you two during the Island Hopping trip in El Nido, Palawan. God bless to both of you, to your children and to your children’s children.
I recommend El Nido, Palawan for a honeymooners. 🙂
P. S. We took Island Hopping Tour A which I also highly recommend.
Effective November 16, 2013, the rates are now.
- Swimming Clothes
- Small bag for your things
- 1L of Water
- First Aid Kit (Loperamide)
- Personal Medications
- All Island Hopping Tours start at 9AM and ends approximately at 4-5PM. Thus it would take about a day for each tour.
- All Island Hopping Tours includes a free lunch and a towel you could use during the trip.
- You will have to pay a 200 Pesos Fee for the Eco-Tourism Development Fee (ETDF).
- No worries if you are a solo traveller. The Island hopping fees are still on a per pax rate. You will be joined by other travellers arranged through the booking offices.
- There are many booking offices in El Nido, Palawan. You can also book through your lodging.
- Clydenike & Guenkean – 0912-406-8874 (Dennis Ermino)
Thanks to Ms. Alou for being a wonderful, kind and hospitable staff. 🙂
- If you do not want to have other people on your boat you can ask your booking office about the rates of a single boat.
- According to the owner of where my 300 Pesos/night lodging, the best Island Hopping Tour is Tour A, next best is Tour C. If you’re only going to do 1 island hopping tour then I suggest you take Tour A. If 2, first take Tour C then Tour A. If you’re going to do all, the second to the last tour that you should be doing is Tour C, then the last is Tour A.
Special Thanks to the cool and friendly bangkeros who toured us around, the brothers Kuya Joseph and Kuya Jimmy. Keep up the good work.
I recommend Northern Hope Tours for your El Nido island hopping tours.
Northern Hope Tours Details
- 0939-902-2216 (Smart)
- 0927-735-3221 (Globe)
Reserve your tours ahead of time by calling Northern Hope Tours so you could reserve a slot. They do get fully booked.
|November 28, 2013||As of November 16, 2013, the standard rates have now increased. Former standard rates are
Rates include Lunch, Boat and tour guide.
Rates exclude the Eco-Tourism Development Fee (ETDF) of 200 Pesos/person.
Follow my El Nido, Palawan Series
- My Top Things To Do in El Nido (Summary)
- How much did I spend on my 4th time in El Nido (4th Visit Expense Report)
- My El Nido, Palawan Budget (1st Visit Expense Report)
- El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A and C (Helpful)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2011 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2014 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2012)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2016)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C
- Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beach (Must Visit)
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Zipline
- Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach (Must Visit)
- Mangrove Eco Park (Must Visit)
- Yaposan Beach
- Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach (Must See)
- Malugao Beach
- El Nido, Palawan 5D4N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Quality Hotel)
- Agape Transient House (House for rent. Ideal for Big Groups)
- Tay Miloy's Inn (Cheap Accommodation)
- Gawad Kalinga Lodge & Restaurant (Beach front)
- Jack's Place (Nacpan Beach)
- Where to Stay in El Nido, Palawan
- Mezzanine Restobar
- Bald Guy Grill: Big Hungarian Sausage Sandwich
- Odessa Mama Street Cafe: Ukrainian Kitchen
- Daytripper Palawan: Puerto Princesa to El Nido (Recommended)
- Cherry Bus
- RORO Bus
- Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service (Vans)
- Eulen Joy (Vans)
- Boats from El Nido to Coron and Vice Versa