As of November 16, 2013: The Island Hopping Tours have now increased their rates. Please check my post here for the updated prices.
Since I found the 3 Days 2 Nights itinerary short for my trip in El Nido, Palawan I decided to create a longer itinerary.
No. of Pax: 4 pax
Budget: P5,000 â€“ airfare and airport terminal fees not included
Duration: 4 days â€“ 3 nights
Estimated Start: Day 1 â€“ 9:30AM Arrival at Puerto Princesa
Estimated End: Day 3 â€“ 5:00PM flight out of Puerto Princesa
Lodging: Fan Room
Activities: Island Hopping, Cliff climbing, Trekking, Waterfalls and Hot Springs
|0930AM||Arrival at Puerto Princesa Aiport|
|1000AM||Go out of the airport and ride tricycle to Junction 1 (P8/pax)|
|1005AM||ETA Junction 1; Ride multicab going to San Jose Terminal (P12/pax)|
|1030AM||ETA San Jose Terminal; Walk to Lexus Terminal|
|1100AM||ETD to El Nido, Palawan|
|0130PM||Stopover at Roxas, Palawan; Late Lunch|
|0400PM||ETA El Nido, Palawan; Reserve for Van going back to Puerto Princesa; Walk to lodging|
|0410PM||Arrival at Lodging; Check-in; Book your Island Hopping Tour A the next day; Book your Land Tour the next next day; Explore town|
|0700AM||Wakeup and pack things for Island Hopping|
|0830AM||Walk to Boat and buy snacks for Island Hopping|
|0900AM||Start of Island Hopping with Lunch|
|0400PM||End of Island Hopping; Walk to lodging|
|0410PM||Arrival at Lodging; Freshen up and Rest|
|0530AM||Wake up; Quick snack for Cliff Climbing|
|0600AM||Cliff Climbing (P500/pax); Bring snacks and water|
|0900AM||End of Cliff Climbing; Late breakfast;|
|1000AM||Start of Land Tour (P800/pax)|
|1040AM||Jumpoff to Makinit Hot Spring; Start Trek|
|1050AM||Arrival at Makinit Hot Spring; You cannot swim in Makinit Hot Spring; Just take a look at the Spring.|
|1100AM||Walk back to Makinit Hot Spring Jumpoff|
|1110AM||Back at Makinit Hot Spring Jumpoff; Ride tricycle to Nagkalit-kalit Falls jumpoff|
|1130AM||Arrival at Nagkalit-kalit Falls Jumpoff; Start trek to Nagkalit-kalit Falls|
|1230AM||Arrivat at Nagkalit-kalit Falls; Lunch and take a dip in the falls|
|0130PM||Trek back to Nagkalit-kalit Falls Jumpoff|
|0230PM||Arrival at Nagkalit-kalit Falls Jumpoff|
|0310PM||Back at El Nido Town; Freshen up and Rest|
|0630AM||Wake up and pack things|
|0730AM||Check out of lodging and walk to van terminal|
|0800AM||ETD to Puerto Princesa via van (P500/pax)|
|1030AM||Stopover at Roxas, Palawan|
|0100PM||ETA San Jose Terminal, Puerto Princesa; Ride multicab to Junction 1 (P12/pax)|
|0125PM||ETA Junction 1; Look for food!!!|
|0230PM||Ride tricycle to Airport (P8/pax)|
|0300PM||Check-in at Puerto Princesa Airport|
|0500PM||Flight out of Puerto Princesa|
- ETA – Estimated Time of Arrival
- ETD – Estimated Time of Departure
|P30.00||Tourism Accredited Tricycles from Puerto Princesa Airport to San Jose Terminal (P120/tricycle)|
|P500.00||Van from San Jose Terminal to El Nido, Palawan|
|P500.00||Van from El Nido, Palawan to San Jose Terminal, Puerto Princesa|
|P12.00||Multicab from San Jose Terminal to Junction 1|
|P8.00||Tricycle from Junction 1 to Puerto Princesa Airport|
|P1,050||Transportation Budget per pax|
|P637.50||Lodging for 3 nights at El Nido Sands Inn (P850/room/night)|
|P637.50||Lodging Budget per pax|
|P80.00||Day 1 Late Lunch at Roxas, Palawan Stopover|
|P80.00||Day 1 Dinner at El Nido, Palawan|
|P80.00||Day 2 Breakfast at El Nido, Palawan|
|P80.00||Day 2 Snacks for the Island Hopping Tour|
|P80.00||Day 2 Dinner at El Nido, Palawan|
|P80.00||Day 3 Breakfast at El Nido, Palawan|
|P80.00||Day 3 Snack for El Nido, Palawan Land Tour|
|P80.00||Day 3 Dinner at El Nido Palawan|
|P80.00||Day 4 Breakfast at El Nido, Palawan|
|P80.00||Day 4 Lunch at Puerto Princesa|
|P800.00||Food Budget per pax|
Tours & Other Fees
|P700.00||El Nido Island Hopping Tour A|
|P200.00||Eco-Tourism Development Fee (ETDF)|
|P500.00||Tour Guide for Cliff Climbing (P500/guide)|
|P800.00||El Nido Land Tour (P1,500/tricycle)|
|P2,200.00||Tours & Other Fess Budget per pax|
|P2,200.00||Tours & Other Fees|
|P5,000.00||TOTAL BUDGET per pax|
- Clothes good for 4 days and 3 nights
- Swimming Clothes
- Kikay Kit/Pogi Pack (Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, etc.)
- Personal Medication
- Snacks for sharing
- Goggles/Mask & Snorkel
- Small bag while walking around
- Small bottle of water to be refilled once in a while
- Hiking shoes or sandals with straps for Cliff Climbing
- This itinerary assumes that you will be arriving by plane at Puerto Princesa not later than 9AM (First flight) and have a flight out of Palawan at 5PM (Last flight).
- This itinerary also assumes that you are physically fit since the third day would require to climb and hike.
- For the El Nido Land Tour you may contact Rainbow Tours at 0928-408-2849.
- People are disappointed when they go to Makinit Hot Springs because you cannot go swimming in it.
- The river crossing to Nagkalit-kalit falls is enjoyable and refreshing and when you arrive you can also go dip in the basin of the falls.
- You can try to haggle down the price if you only want to go to Nagkalit-kalit falls and not to Makinit Hot Springs.
- Lodging is fan room.
- El Nido Sands Inn contact number is 0999-452-5843 (Letty)
- If you plan to go solo or with a partner you may opt to try the cheapest lodging I found in El Nido.
- Food budget is assumed that you will be eating in karinderyas or eatery. You may opt to go to the market and cook, ask if the lodging would allow you to cook.
- There are many karinderyas and eatery at the town of El Nido.
- Island Hopping Tour suggested is Tour A since it is the highly recommended tour by the lodging. Also itâ€™s one of the cheapest tours. Tour A includes Small Lagoon, Big Lagoon, Secret Lagoon, Simizu Island and 7 Commando Beach.
- There are a lot of booking offices around the town of El Nido.
- Tours prices are regulated by the Department of Tourism in El Nido.
- A day before your trip reserve your slot in the van to El Nido. Check my Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service to know how to reserve your trip to El Nido.
- If you’re looking for a more time flexible transportation, try riding the RORO Bus.
- If you’re looking for a more comfortable ride, ride the Daytripper Vans.
- When you arrive at El Nido have your 8AM return trip van reserved at the Lexus station.
- Bring mask and snorkel so you would not have to borrow them inside town. Borrowing costs P100 per set.
- Eco-Tourism Development Fund will be collected before you go Island Hopping.
I somehow find the land tour a bit expensive so I’ll make another more awesome itinerary for your 4D3N stay in El Nido, Palawan.
If you’re looking for Island Hopping Tours in El Nido, I would recommend Northern Hope Tours.
Northern Hope Tours Details
- 0939-902-2216 (Smart)
- 0927-735-3221 (Globe)
Reserve your tours ahead of time by calling Northern Hope Tours so you could reserve a slot. They do get fully booked.
Follow my El Nido, Palawan Series
- My Top Things To Do in El Nido (Summary)
- How much did I spend on my 4th time in El Nido (4th Visit Expense Report)
- My El Nido, Palawan Budget (1st Visit Expense Report)
- El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A and C (Helpful)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2011 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2014 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2012)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2016)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C
- Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beach (Must Visit)
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Zipline
- Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach (Must Visit)
- Mangrove Eco Park (Must Visit)
- Yaposan Beach
- Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach (Must See)
- Malugao Beach
- El Nido, Palawan 5D4N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Quality Hotel)
- Agape Transient House (House for rent. Ideal for Big Groups)
- Tay Miloy's Inn (Cheap Accommodation)
- Gawad Kalinga Lodge & Restaurant (Beach front)
- Jack's Place (Nacpan Beach)
- Where to Stay in El Nido, Palawan
- Mezzanine Restobar
- Bald Guy Grill: Big Hungarian Sausage Sandwich
- Odessa Mama Street Cafe: Ukrainian Kitchen
- Daytripper Palawan: Puerto Princesa to El Nido (Recommended)
- Cherry Bus
- RORO Bus
- Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service (Vans)
- Eulen Joy (Vans)
- Boats from El Nido to Coron and Vice Versa