No. of Pax: 4 pax
Budget: P2,700 - including transportation, lodging, entrance fees & tours
Duration: 2 days – 1 night
Estimated Start: Day 0 – 11:00 PM Assembly at Five Star Pasay
Estimated End: Day 2 – 12:00 MN at Victory Liner Cubao
Lodging: Kubo at Abrac Beach, Patar, Bolinao
Activities: Tricycle Tour and Beach Walk at Patar, Bolinao; Island Hopping in Hundred Islands National Park
|1100 PM||Assembly at Five Star Pasay; Buy tickets|
|1200 MN||ETD to Bolinao, Pangasinan; P442/pax|
|0600 AM||Arrival at Bolinao, Pangasinan; Walk to Adora’s Restaurant; Ask directions from locals|
|0610 AM||Breakfast at Adora’s Restaurant|
|0700 AM||Walk to Market to buy packed lunch and ingredients for breakfast the next day|
|0730 AM||Hire a tricycle to tour you around Bolinao and for you to be picked up at Patar Beach tomorrow in the morning. P800/tryc; 4pax/tricycle|
|0745 AM||Start of tricycle tour; ETD to UP Marine Institute|
|0800 AM||ETA UP Marine Institute; Entrance Fee P10/pax|
|0945 AM||ETD to Enchanted Cave|
|1025 AM||ETA Enchanted Cave; Entrance Fee w/ swimming P70/pax; Parking Fee P15/tricycle|
|1100 AM||ETD to Wondeful Cave|
|1110 AM||ETA Wonderful Cave; Entrance Fee P40/pax|
|1150 AM||Early Lunch at Wonderful Cave; Packed Lunch|
|1230 PM||ETD to Cindy’s Cave|
|1240 PM||ETA Cindy’s Cave; Entrance Fee P50/pax|
|0110 PM||ETD to Bolinao Lighthouse|
|0125 PM||ETA Bolinao Lighthouse|
|0200 PM||ETD to Abrac Beach or your desired Kubo Lodging in Patar|
|0210 PM||ETA to Abrac Beach or lodging; Check-in – P1,000/kubo during off-peak; can fit up to 4 pax; Settle down and rest! Don’t forget to remind your tricycle driver to pick you up the next day around 8AM|
|0330 PM||Walk by the beach up to the end of Abrac Beach; Don’t forget to bring snacks, water and something to cover you from the heat of the sun; You can rest in between|
|0420 PM||Arrival at the end of Abrac Beach|
|0430 PM||Walk back to your lodging|
|0530 PM||Arrival back at lodging; Don’t go in yet; Time for sunset watching!|
|0600 PM||Freshen up; P10/pax shower|
|0630 PM||Walk to La Parola Restaurant; Bring flashlight as the road in front of the restaurant is quite dark.|
|0640 PM||Dinner at La Parola Restaurant|
|0740 PM||Walk back to lodging; Don’t forget to bring a stick for the dogs.|
|0750 PM||Back at lodging;|
|0600 AM||Wake-up; Cook breakfast|
|0800 AM||Ride hired tricycle; Say that you want to be dropped off at Bolinao Church (St. James the Great Parish)|
|0850 AM||ETA Bolinao Church; Walk around the church|
|0920 AM||Walk to Mini Bus station going to Alaminos/Dagupan|
|0930 AM||ETD to Alaminos, Pangasinan; Mini bus fare is P45/pax|
|1040 AM||ETA Alaminos Town Proper; Ride tricycle to Lucap Wharf – P50/tricycle; 4 pax/tricycle|
|1055 AM||Arrival at Hundred Islands Tourist Welcome Center; Register and pay the day trip entrance fee of P20/pax; Fill-up the Passenger Manifest|
|1110 AM||Go to the food stalls near the Tourist Welcome Center for LUNCH!!!! Buy also some water and food for your island hopping trip.|
|1200 NN||Walk to the wharf and ask for a Service Boat to tour you around the Hundred Islands National Park; P1,400/service boat for 1-5 pax to be paid at the end of the tour|
|1230 PM||Start of Island Hopping!!! Get ready to get wet!|
|0430 PM||End of Island Hopping; Take a shower at the paid CR; P10/pax for the shower|
|0500 PM||Halo-halo at Lucap Wharf|
|0515 PM||Take a tricycle to Alaminos Market; P50/tricycle|
|0530 PM||ETA Alaminos Market; Buy Pasalubongs; Alaminos Longganisa!|
|0615 PM||Ride tricycle to Alaminos Victory Liner Station; P10/pax|
|0625 PM||ETA Alaminos Victory Liner Station; Buy ticket for 7PM bus (last trip)|
|0700 PM||ETD to Cubao/Pasay; P370/pax|
|1200 MN||ETA Cubao|
* ETA – Estimated Time of Arrival
* ETD – Estimated Time of Departure
|P442.00||Five Star Bus from Pasay to Bolinao, Pangasinan|
|P45.00||Mini Bus from Bolinao to Alaminos|
|P12.50||Tricycle from Alaminos Town Proper to Lucap Wharf; P50/tricycle|
|P12.50||Tricycle from Lucap Wharf to Alaminos Market; P50/tricycle|
|P10.00||Tricycle from Alaminos Market to Victory Liner Station; P10/pax|
|P370.00||Victory Liner Bus from Alaminos, Pangasinan to Cubao, Quezon City|
|P250.00||Kubo Lodging at Abrac Beach, Patar in Bolinao; P1,000/kubo during off-peak|
|P80.00||Breakfast Day 1 at Adora’s Restaurant in Bolinao Town Proper|
|P80.00||Water and Snacks for the tricycle tour in Bolinao|
|P80.00||Packed Lunch Day 1|
|P80.00||Water and Snacks for walking at Abrac Beach|
|P80.00||Dinner Day 1 at La Parola el Restaurante near Abrac Beach, Patar in Bolinao|
|P80.00||Breakfast Day 2; Ingredients bought from Bolinao Market|
|P80.00||Lunch Day 2 at Lucap Wharf|
|P80.00||Water & Snack for Island Hopping in Hundred Islands National Park|
Entrance Fees and Tours
|P200.00||Tricycle Tour and Pick up at Bolinao; P800/tricycle; 4 pax/tricycle|
|P10.00||Entrance Fee at UP Marine Institute|
|P70.00||Entrance Fee at Enchanted Cave|
|P3.75||Parking Fee for tricycle at Enchanted Cave; P15/tricycle|
|P40.00||Entrance Fee at Wonderful Cave|
|P50.00||Entrance Fee at Cindy’s Cave|
|P20.00||Day Trip Entrance Fee at Hundred Islands National Park|
|P350.00||Service Boat for Island Hopping in Hundred Islands National Park; P1,400/boat for 1-5 pax|
|P743.75||Total Entrance Fees and Tours|
|P10.00||Day 1 Shower; Freshen Up at Abrac Beach, Patar; P10/pax|
|P10.00||Day 2 Shower; Before leaving Abrac Beach, Patar; P10/pax|
|P5.00||Use of Comfort Room in Abrac Beach, Patar; P5/pax|
|P5.00||Day 2Use of Comfort Room in Lucap Wharf|
|P10.00||Day 2 Shower; After the island hopping of Hundred Islands, Pangasinan|
|P743.75||Entrance Fees and Tours|
- Clothes good for 2 days and 1 night
- Swimming Clothes
- Kikay Kit/Pogi Pack (Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, etc.)
- Personal Medication
- Snacks for sharing
- Goggles/Mask & Snorkel
- Small bag while walking around
- Small bottle of water to be refilled once in a while
- There’s no early reservation for Five Star Bus at 12MN. If you have someone who can go earlier than the assembly time do so, so you could reserve tickets/seats.
- If you are afraid of missing the bus due to high demand, you may want to reserve tickets at Victory Liner Cubao. Last trip is 9PM, fare is P432/pax. You’ll be arriving at Bolinao around 2-3AM, you can lodge for a short time at Dos Flores Resort for P350 for 3 hours + P50 per hour.
- Adora’s Restaurant is located on the left side of the church, just before the Bolinao Public Market; Open 24 hours
- Don’t forget to buy food for your tricycle drivers. They usually do not bring food. Do not let your tricycle driver become hungry, it’s for your own safety.
- Prices of the tricycle tours are controlled by the Municipality of Bolinao, Pangasinan. It may range from P800 to P1,000. Depends on your haggling abilities and charm.
- It is best to swim inside Enchanted Cave, Wonderful Cave and Cindy’s Cave. You can change your clothes at Enchanted Cave then just have your shower and change of clothes after your swim at Abrac Beach in Patar.
- The tricycle may not have enough power to carry 4 pax with bags during the uphill road to Bolinao Lighthouse. Please walk going up. It is for your safety.
- Abrac Beach is also popularly known as Patar Beach. I got the information from Bolinao’s Tourism Office
- Only Smart has a signal in Patar and it is still weak!
- Kubo at Abrac Beach for 4 pax is priced at P1,000/kubo during off-peak and P3,000/kubo during peak. Better to contact the kubo rental before you go so you could know how much you’ll be spending on lodging. Kubo lodging usually includes a kitchen area and a cottage in front
- You can go cheaper if you camp-out at Abrac Beach; Ask Benjie’s Cottages to protect your bags while you do the walk to the end of Abrac Beach. Just give them a tip after the walk for taking care of your belongings. Do not leave your valuables unattended during camp-outs.
- Abrac Beach’s sunset view is one of the best sunsets I’ve seen!
- Walking back to your lodging from La Parola el Restaurante is quite challenging due to the dogs barking. Just keep on walking. Show them that you are strong but do not offend them. Or just bring a stick.
- There are many people who will try to sell you tours on the Hundred Islands at Hundred Islands Tourist Welcome Center. Just go straight to the desk and tell them that you want to do a daytrip around the islands.
- Bring food also for your boatman during the Island Hopping Tour in Hundred Islands National Park.
- Choose the Service Boat when touring the Hundred Islands so you can go to any island you want to go inside the park.
- You can buy different kinds of fish sauce in Alaminos Market. Also, you can buy Alaminos Longganisa, one of my favorite longganisa.
* This budget and itinerary is only a general guide to help you plan your trip to Bolinao and Alaminos, Pangasinan. You can modify it whatever way you want. Be ready for on-the-spot modifications for more fun!
* The data gathered here are from my trip to Bolinao and Alaminos, Pangasinan on January 12-13, 2012.
This is a part of my 12 for 2012 Travel Project that aims to document 12 local destination in the Philippines in 2012 to help travellers plan their trips faster.
Follow my Bolinao and Alaminos, Pangasinan Series
- My Bolinao & Alaminos, Pangasinan Expenses (Helpful)
- Bolinao – Alaminos, Pangasinan Budget & Itinerary (Helpful)
- How to get to Hundred Islands National Park from Bolinao, Pangasinan (Helpful)
- Tricycle Tour Around Bolinao, Pangasinan (Helpful)
- Abrac Beach in Brgy Patar, Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Cape Bolinao Lighthouse in Pangasinan
- 3 Caves of Bolinao, Pangasinan
- UP Marine Science Institute at Bolinao, Pangasinan
- 2 Restaurants that you should know when in Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Pasalubong from Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Lodgings in Abrac Beach in Patar, Bolinao, Pangasinan (Helpful)
- Short-Time in Dos Flores at Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Island Hopping in Hundred Islands National Park (Helpful)
- Hundred Islands Service Boat Guide (Helpful)
- Hundred Islands Tourist Welcome Center