Below are directions on how you can get to Port Barton in San Vicente, Palawan.
- From the town proper of Puerto Princesa, ride a multicab going to San Jose Terminal. Fare is 12 Pesos per person and Travel Time is 10 minutes.
- At San Jose Terminal there’s a jeep going to Port Barton. Their schedule is 9AM daily but you better arrive about 30 minutes before the schedule. Fare is 200 Pesos per person and Travel Time is 4 hours. They only have one trip per day.
How to go back to Puerto Princesa from Port Barton
- The jeep to Puerto Princesa at Port Barton leaves at 9AM daily. Fare is 200 Pesos per person and Travel Time is also 4 hours. They only one trip per day. The jeep will be stopping at the San Jose Terminal.
- When you arrive at San Jose Terminal ride the multicab to Bayan to get to Puerto Princesa Town Proper. Fare is 12 Pesos per person and Travel Time is 10 minutes.
Compared to the jeepney’s from Caruray, San Vicente that has a schedule of 9AM but may leave up to 12NN because they are waiting for a cargo, the jeepneys at Port Barton leaves exactly at 9AM, if they don’t leave at 9AM the latest time they leave is 9:20AM.
April 2, 2012 Update: When I went to Port Barton last week, there was now a San Isidro Express Bus (non-airconditioned) that leaves San Jose Terminal, Puerto Princesa to Port Barton at 10AM. The same bus goes back from Port Barton to Puerto Princesa around 2PM, but it does a lot of stops before it really leaves Port Barton. Fare is 200 Pesos per person and Travel Time is 4 hours.
- Go to the Public Transport Terminal in Roxas, Palawan and ride the jeepney going to Port Barton. Their schedule is 11AM daily. Fare is 100 Pesos for locals and 150 Pesos for tourists. Travel Time is 2 hours.
How to go back to Roxas from Port Barton
- At Port Barton near the Tourist Assistance Center (TAC) the jeepney going to Roxas is parked. The schedule is 8AM in the morning daily. Fare is 100 Pesos per person for locals and 150 Pesos per person for tourists. Travel time is 2 hours.
If you’re coming from El Nido, the best way for you to get to Port Barton will be to take the jeepney from Roxas.
- To get to Roxas, ride the vans (Lexus and Eulen Joy)Â or RORO Bus going to Puerto Princesa and tell them that you are alighting atÂ Roxas. I’m not sure about the fare but approximate travel time is 3 hours. Therefore, the latest time you should be riding the said transportations is around 7AM for you to have an hour at Roxas before the jeep leaves.
If you noticed it’s actually a logistical nightmare to get to Port Barton because whether you’re coming from Puerto Princesa or Roxas they only have one trip per day.
What happens if you’re too late for the jeepney trip? Don’t sit on the side and cry. There’s still a way.
What you should do is get to National Road – San Jose intersection and either you ride a tricycle or a habal-habal to Port Barton.
The National Road – San Jose intersection is the intersection where the jeeps will turn to head to Port Barton. This intersection is around 10 kilometers from Roxas, Palawan.
If you’re coming from Roxas, Palawan you can ride any van or bus going to Puerto Princesa. Approximate fare should be around 10 to 20 Pesos per person depending on what type of transportation you ride. Travel Time is approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
If you’re coming from Puerto Princesa, Palawan you can ride any van or bus going to Roxas, San Vicente, Taytay or El Nido. If you’re riding the vans or RORO Bus approximate travel time is 1 hour 45 minutes. Fare is from 140 to 213 Pesos per person.
When you arrive at the National Road – San Jose intersection there are tricycles and some habal-habal there. You can hire them to take you to Port Barton. Approximate travel time is 1 hour.
The usual fare to hire tricycles or habal-habal is 500 to 600 Pesos.
Tricycles can only take 2 passengers as the road to Port Barton is rough. Habal-habal can only take a single passenger.
This post is part of my 12 for 2012 Travel Project which aims to document places in the Philippines to help travellers.
Follow my San Vicente, Palawan Series
- My San Vicente, Palawan Expenses (Helpful)
- Longest Beach in the Philippines (Must See!)
- Dairy Farm and San Vicente Airport
- Daplac Cove in Boayan Island (Must See!)
- How to get to Poblacion, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
- Where to Stay in Poblacion, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
Port Barton Subseries
- Island Hopping Port Barton, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
- How to get to Port Barton, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
- Getting to Port Barton from the Poblacion of San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
- Where to Stay in Port Barton, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)