After riding the boat from the Poblacion of San Vicente, Palawan we arrived in Port Barton and was looking for a place to stay for 2 nights. We had a budget of less than 400 Pesos per night but the lodgings there only offered us exactly 400 Pesos per night lodgings. But if we do not find a lodging with our budget then we’ll just have to camp out somewhere. Luckily, there’s a lodging that offered us 300 Pesos per night and that’s how we ended in El Dorado.
Anyways, below are the details of most accommodations in Port Barton.
I’m recommending this accommodation because of the sole purpose that they have a nice spot away from the center of town. Usually the beach in front of town is full of boats, so it’s a bit of a hassle to sit on the beach there.
El Dorado Sunset Garden Resort
I’m recommending El Dorado because I stayed there on their Backpacker’s Room which was only 300 Pesos/night because I went there during the low peak season. They also have a friendly staff and they have one of the best chicken curry I have ever tasted.
Know more about El Dorado Sunset Garden ResortsÂ here.
The rates below are their peak season rates.
|1.500 Pesos/room/night||Beach Front||Private bathroom|
|1,200 Pesos/room/night||Couple||Private bathroom|
|1,000 Pesos/room/night||Standard||Private bathroom|
|700 Pesos/room/night||Nipa Hut||Private bathroom|
|400 Pesos/room/night||Backpackers||Common bathroom
No electric socket
- All rooms are good for 2 pax.
- They have a restaurant. Their chicken curry is a must try.
- Beach front.
Mobile No.: 0920-329-9049
What I like about Greenviews Resort is how green it is. The cottages are also fairly spaced apart from each other.
Below is their peak season rates.
|1,000 Pesos/room/night||Standard Cottage w/ Fan||Beach Front
Good for 2 pax
|900 Pesos/room/night||Standard Cottage w/ Fan||Good for 2 pax
|1,200 Pesos/room/night||Triple Bed Sharing Cottage||Beach Front
Good for 3 pax
|1,500 Pesos/room/night||Family Cottage||Good for 4 pax|
Mobile No.: 0929-268-5333
Telephone No.: (02) 891-1384
Know more about Cassandra’s Cottages here.
|1,200 Pesos/room/night||Cottage||Price is for 2 pax|
|1,500 Pesos/room/night||Cottage||Price is for 3 pax|
- All cottages has private CR
- Beach front.
Mobile No.: 0918-512-0907 (Smart), 0916-740-8409
|800 Pesos/room/night||Cottage||Good for 2 pax
+100 Pesos per person excess of 2 pax
- Each cottage has its own private bathroom
- You can cook here using firewood.
- You can also borrow some kitchen and dining utensils.
Mobile No.: 0918-570-4665, 0915-262-5413
Ayette’s Bamboo House
Not a beach front accommodation but it’s just about 25 meters away from the beach and it’s relatively affordable too.
|350 Pesos/room/night||Double||2 pax
|250 Pesos/room/night||Single||1 pax
- They also have a restaurant and a sari-sari store.
Mobile No.: 0928-408-1551, 0918-967-6844, 0915-829-9790
|1,000 Pesos/room/night||Cottage||2 pax
|400 Pesos/room/night||Room||2 pax|
- They also have a restaurant.
- Beach front.
Mobile No.: 0999-486-3464 (Pitong)
Know more about Ausan Cottages here.
|700 Pesos/room/night||Cottages||2 pax
|500 Pesos/room/night||Duplex||2 pax
Elsa’s Beach House Cottages and Restaurant
Know more about Elsa’s Beach House Cottages & Restaurant here.
|1,200 Pesos/room/night||Beach Front||2 pax|
|1,000 Pesos/room/night||Back Cottages||2 pax|
- They also offer massage & laundry services.
- Snorkeling equipment can also be rented here.
Mobile No.: 0921-286-9619 (Bonna), 0948-153-4902 (Ricky), 0908-271-4390, 0910-384-1705
Summer Homes Beach Resort
|1,500 Pesos/room/night||Cottage||With Hot Shower
|750 Pesos/room/night||Double Bed||Private bathroom
|900 Pesos/room/night||Twin Bed||Private bathroom
- 2 pax for each room.
- +300 Pesos per person in excess of 2 pax.
- They have restaurant.
- Credit Cards are accepted.
Mobile No.: 0921-401-6906 (Marjury), 0928-594-4484
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
It’s better if you check out their website at VillaMarguerita.com
There are still other lodgings in Port Barton such as Itaytay Inn, Princesa Michaella’s Beach Resort, Cabungan Beach Resort and others but either I did not find them or the staff was busy doing something else.
- Electricity is only from 6PM to 11PM but some lodgings has generators.
- There are karinderyas where you can eat for only 50 Pesos per meal one of them is called Gacayan.
- There are sari-sari stores around Port Barton where you can buy soap, shampoo, chips, drinks and some ingredients.
Disclaimer: These are the lodgings and their rates when I was there in Port Barton last March 2012. Details may change without prior notice. It is better to contact the lodgings for their updates rates and services.
This post is part of my 12 for 2012 Travel Project which aims to document places in the Philippines to help travellers.
Follow my San Vicente, Palawan Series
- My San Vicente, Palawan Expenses (Helpful)
- Longest Beach in the Philippines (Must See!)
- Dairy Farm and San Vicente Airport
- Daplac Cove in Boayan Island (Must See!)
- How to get to Poblacion, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
- Where to Stay in Poblacion, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
Port Barton Subseries
- Island Hopping Port Barton, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
- How to get to Port Barton, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
- Getting to Port Barton from the Poblacion of San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)
- Where to Stay in Port Barton, San Vicente, Palawan (Helpful)