- From Batangas Port
- From Magdiwang, Sibuyan Island, Romblon
- From Cajidiocan/San Fernando, Sibuyan Island, Romblon
- From San Agustin, Tablas Island, Romblon
- From Looc, Tablas Island, Romblon
- From Odiongan, Tablas Island, Romblon (To follow)
- From Santa Fe, Tablas Island, Romblon (To follow)
- From Carabao Island, Romblon (To follow)
- From Caticlan Airport, Aklan (To follow)
There sea transportations that leave from Batangas Port to Romblon Island. Below are your options
1. Montenegro Shipping Lines
The RORO Boat from Montenegro Shipping Lines is the popular sea transportation to Romblon Island from locals. The schedule of their boat is every 5PM every Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Estimated Time of Arrival is 3AM the next day (10 hours).
- 954 Pesos/person – Economy
- 1255 Pesos/person – Deluxe
- 1446 Pesos/person – First class
Terminal fee of Batangas Port is 30 Pesos/person.
Going back to Batangas Port
The RORO Boat leaves the port in Romblon Island to Batangas Port at 2PM every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. Estimate Time of Arrival is 12MN (10 hours).
Here’s the number of Montenegro lines (043) 723-6980, (043) 723-8294, 0917-597-1133 or 0922-889-1022
2. M/V Princess Annavell
The M/V Princess Annavell boat leaves Batangas port at 4PM every Thursday and Saturday. Estimated Travel Time TBA.
- 700 Pesos/person – Economy
- 840 Pesos/person – Deluxe
Here’s the number of M/V Princess Annavell for updates and more information (02) 742-6148.
Author’s Note: It is best that you arrive at the port about 2 hours before the trip as you will still have to buy your tickets. Unfortunately, there are no online reservations for the ticket.
A RORO Boat from Montenegro Lines ferry people from Ambulong Port in Magdiwang to the Poblacion of Romblon Island. The boat leaves Ambulong Port at 10AM daily. Estimated time of arrival at Romblon Island is 1AM (3 hours travel). Fare is 228 Pesos/person.
There is a 10 Pesos/person Terminal Fee when going through Ambulong Port.
Going back to Magdiwang, Sibuyan Island
The same RORO Boat will be leaving the the port at Poblacion, Romblon Island to Ambulong Port of Magdiwang, Sibuyan Island at 7AM. Estimated Time of Arrival is 10AM (3 hours) at Ambulong Port. Fare is 228 Pesos/Person.
There is a 10 Pesos/person Terminal Fee when you enter the Port at the Poblacion of Romblon Island.
Author’s Note: Be at any of the ports at least 30 minutes to 1 hour earlier as you still have to buy your ticket to ride the boat. Also pay your terminal fee as soon as you arrive at the port.
There are jeepneys from the Poblacion of Cajidiocan or San Fernando that bring passengers to Ambulong Port in Magdiwang starting around 5:30 AM to around 10:30AM. There are fewer jeeps from San Fernando though.
Fare from both municipalities to Ambulong Port is 120 Pesos/person. Estimated Travel Time is 1 hour. The latest time you should ride a jeep is around 8:30AM to arrive in Ambulong Port on time.
When you arrive at Ambulong Port in Magdiwang, pay the terminal fee and buy your ticket for the RORO boat to Romblon Island.
Author’s Note: The jeepneys don’t have a specific parking area in both municipalities so either you ask your lodging or local to contact a jeepney for you or you wait on the National Road where they will pass by.
Going back to Cajidiocan/San Fernando, Sibuyan Island
Upon arrival of the RORO boat from Romblon Island around 10AM, there will be jeepneys waiting at Magdiwang Port to take you to Cajidiocan or San Fernando. Ride the jeep as soon as you got off the RORO boat as they will be leaving as soon as it is full.
Fare from Ambulong Port to either Cajidiocan or San Fernando is 120 Pesos/person. Estimated travel time is 1 hour.
There’s a port in San Agustin, Tablas Island where sea transportation to Romblon Island can be found. There are two types of sea transportation that you can choose from.
1. RORO Boat
The RORO Boat from San Agustin Port to Romblon Island leaves around 5:30AM daily. Fare is 96 Pesos/person. Estimated Time of Arrival is 6:30 AM (1 hour) on the port of Poblacion, Romblon Island. You have to pay a 10 Peso terminal fee at the port.
The same RORO Boat will be the one going to Sibuyan Island after it has unloaded and loaded cargoes and passengers.
There are 2 schedules of pumpboats from San Agustin Port that will go to Romblon Island. It is 8AM and 1PM daily. Fare is 110 Pesos/person (inclusive of terminal fee). Estimated Time of Arrival at the port of Poblacion, Romblon Island is 9AM and 2PM, respectively (1 hour).
Going back to San Agustin, Tablas Island
1. RORO Boat
The RORO Boat will be leaving the port of Poblacion, Romblon Island to San Agustin Port of Tablas Island at 12:30PM, daily. Fare is 96 Pesos/person. Estimated Time of Arrival is 1:30PM at San Agustin Port. You need to pay a 10 Peso terminal fee at the port.
The Pumpboats going to San Agustin, Tablas Island can be located on the left side of the port in Poblacion, Romblon Island. They leave at 8AM and 1PM and arrives at San Agustin Port at 9AM and 2PM, respectively (1 hour travel time). Fare is 110 Pesos/person.
1. Ride a jeep going to San Agustin Port. Schedule is from 3AM to 1PM. Fare is 120 Pesos/person. Estimated Travel Time is 2 hours 15 minutes. Sorry, I did not get the interval of the schedule.
2. From San Agustin Port, ride the boats to Romblon Island. Information on the boats from San Agustin Port to Romblon Island can be found here.
- The 3AM jeep from Looc is designed for passengers to reach the RORO boat leaving San Agustin Port at 5:30AM.
- Though the jeepney schedule is up to 1PM. The latest schedule of the jeep that will reach the last boat trip from San Agustin Port to Romblon Island is 10:30AM.
How to get back to Looc, Tablas Island, Romblon
Upon arrival of the jeep from Romblon Island at San Agustin Port, Tablas Island. There are jeepneys waiting at the port going to Looc. Fare is 120 Pesos/person. Travel Time is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
This post is part of my 12 for 2012 Travel Project that aims to create travel guides to help travellers go around the Philippines.
Know more about Romblon with my eBook entitled Bits and Pieces of Romblon. Click here to get a FREE copy.
Follow my Romblon Island, Romblon Series
- 14 Things to do in Romblon Island, Romblon (Summary)
- How to get to Romblon Island
- Where to stay in Romblon Island
- Boat Ride to Romblon Island from Batangas Port
- Motorcycle Tour Around Romblon Island
- Tiamban Beach, ITT Tower and Agbaliga Waterfalls
- Fort San Andres
Follow my Romblon Province Series