There are three ways to get to Sagada, Mountain Province
1. From Manila ride a bus going to Baguio, Benguet. Fare is 445 Pesos/person and Travel Time is approximately 6 hours. Victory Liner Buses at Cubao leaves every hour 24/7 to Baguio. Schedule can be found here.
2. From Victory Liner Baguio ride a Taxi to Dangwa Terminal. Say to the Taxi driver that you are going to Sagada, just in case the terminal is moved. Travel Time is approximately 10 minutes, fare is around 80 Pesos/taxi.
- Total Fare is 745 Pesos/person if you’re travelling alone.
- Total Travel Time is 12 hours 10 minutes, no waiting time included.
1. Ride a Ohayami Bus going to Banaue, Ifugao. Travel Time, Fare and Schedule can be found here.
2. From Banaue, you have a choice whether to ride a jeep or a bus going to Bontoc.
2.1 Jeep from Banaue to Bontoc, Mountain Province
The Jeep from Banaue to Bontoc leaves around 8:30AM. There is only one trip per day. Travel Time is 2-3 hours. Fare is 150 Pesos/person. Topload!
- Since most passengers are tourists during peak season, the jeep will be stopping by the view point of Banaue Rice Terraces so you could take a picture there.
- If most of the passengers are going straight to Sagada then the jeep will head straight to Sagada but the fare would now be 300 Pesos/person. Personally, I do not advice people to do this as this is more expensive than going down at Bontoc and riding the jeep from Bontoc going to Sagada. You will also miss the Bontoc Museum and the Walter Rice – Red Rice, Fried Egg, Fried Chicken, 2 Slices of Porkchop and Vegetables for only 90 Pesos/order which can be ordered in the eatery in front of where the jeeps to Sagada are located at Bontoc. 😉
Jeep from Bontoc to Banaue Schedule: 12NN daily.
Van from Bontoc to Banaue Schdule: 8:30AM and 10:30AM daily. Fare is 150 Pesos/person. Travel time is approximately 2 hours. (Sorry, I didn’t get their schedule from Banaue to Bontoc.)
2.2 Bus from Banaue to Bontoc, Mountain Province
There are 3 buses that will be passing by Banaue going to Bontoc. According to the locals they will pass by around 12NN, so better be there before 12NN as this is the last public transport going to Bontoc. Travel Time is approximately 2-3 hours. Fare is 120 Pesos/person.
3. Jeep from Bontoc to Sagada
Ride a jeep going to Sagada. Fare is 45 Pesos per person. Travel Time is approximately 1 hour. Topload!
- Bontoc to Sagada: 8:30AM, 45 minutes interval from 9:30AM to 5:30PM.
- Sagada to Bontoc: 30 minutes interval from 6:30AM to 9:30AM, 1 hour interval from 10AM to 1PM.
- If you’re taking the jeep from Banaue to Bontoc – Total Fare is 645 Pesos/person and Total Travel Time is 12 hours, no waiting time included.
- If you’re taking the bus from Banaue to Bontoc – Total Fare is 615 Pesos/person and Total Travel Time is 12 hours, no waiting time included.
Schedule from Bontoc to Quezon City is 3PM.
2. From Bontoc you can ride a jeep going to Sagada.
- Total Travel Time is 13 hours, no waiting time included.
- Total Fare is 695 Pesos/person.
- Personally, whether you’re coming from Baguio or Banaue both offers a magnificent view of the Cordillera Mountains. I suggest that you take one route going to Sagada and the other one going back to Manila.
- If you’re travelling alone or with a partner and you’re going to ride a Victory Liner Bus from Baguio to Cubao/Manila I suggest that you do not line up in the ticketing office and try your chance in the ‘Chance-Passenger’ Line. You will get a ride faster that way.
- The disadvantage of going straight to Bontoc is that you will not be able to explore Banaue or Baguio on the way.
Visit my other Sagada, Mountain Province posts
- Sagada Tour Guide and Van Rates
- Where to stay in Sagada
- How to get to Sagada
- Bus Ride from Sagada to Baguio
- Bomod-Ok Falls at Sagada
- Salt and Pepper DinerÂ (Food Trip)
- Buying Sagada CoffeeÂ (Mother’s Day Special)