I arrived at around 5:24PM at the market terminal of El Nido, Palawan. I called Paula and asked where they were, she said that they were waiting for the sunset at Corong-Corong Beach. I said that I would follow them even though I still do not know where it was. My main concern was first to drop off my stuff at our lodge, so when Paula said that it was near the terminal I never thought of going there immediately.
I rode the tricycle going to the town proper of El Nido, Palawan. Quickly located our lodge then dropped my stuff first, and rode a tricycle to Corong-Corong Beach.
Travel Tip: If you want to go cheap on tricycles try to avoid the ones that wait in line because they charge 50 Pesos per tricycle. If you walk a little distance and wait for tricycles passing by you’ll only be paying 10 Pesos per person and you get to meet some local passengers too. This is good when you are solo or 2, 3, or 4 in a group.
I was surprised that the tricycle stopped by approximately just 50 meters from the terminal and told me that I need to walk on a narrow trail to the beach. When I arrived at the beach I was too close to a limestone that it blocks my view of the sunset. I was slightly panicking not because I could not see Paula, Marx and Suzette but because it was already 5:53PM, if I could not get to a side of Corong-Corong Beach that is not blocked by the limstone cliff I would not be able to see the sunset.
Good thing that I had very little time at the lodge that I did not remove my shoes therefore I could easily run. I quickly ran on the beach making sure that I would step on wet sand as it is more compact than dry sand. It was another good thing that it was low tide and the water receded far, so mostly I ran on the where the water usually was, planning my way carefully to avoid puddles.
Finally, I saw them at around 5:57PM. With a quick greeting, I quickly went to work on my photographs with the sunset. Actually we were multitasking, taking photos while getting acquainted.
When the sun was now down and a faint light was still there we decided to go back to town. I went ahead as to avoid sea puddles as they were in slippers/sandals!
Walked to the road and waited for a tricycle to pass by and asked the tricycle to take us to Squidos for dinner.
Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach Details
From the terminal of El Nido, Palawan you can walk to Corong-Corong Beach in the direction away from the cliffs. The side of the beach where the cliffs do not block the sunset is relatively far away, so if you’re carrying heavy packs I suggest you ride a tricycle. Tricycle would be around 10 Pesos per person.
From the town proper of El Nido, ride a tricycle going to Corong-Corong Beach. Tell the driver to drop you off at Yolinda’s Tourist Inn. There’s a pathway there that leads perfectly to the part of the beach where the sunset is not blocked by the cliffs.
Just walk back to the highway and wait for tricycles to pass by. Ride the tricycle back to town or the terminal for 10 Pesos per person.
- The availability of tricycles passing by the highway near Corong-Corong Beach decreases significantly at around 7PM. Best choice at this time is to walk to the terminal where a line of tricycles are still there.
- There are lodgings in Corong-Corong Beach.
- There are sari-sari stores on the highway.
Get a DISCOUNT on your El Nido island hopping tours when you book with Northern Hope Tours. Just say that you were referred by “Lakas.com.ph” to avail of the discount. 😉
Northern Hope Tours Details
Contact Numbers: 0939-902-2216 (Smart), 0927-735-3221 (Globe) – Ate Neriz
Reserve your tours ahead of time by calling Northern Hope Tours so you could reserve a slot. They do get fully booked.
Follow my El Nido, Palawan Series
- My Top Things To Do in El Nido (Summary)
- How much did I spend on my 4th time in El Nido (4th Visit Expense Report)
- My El Nido, Palawan Budget (1st Visit Expense Report)
- El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A and C (Helpful)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2011 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2014 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2012)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2016)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C
- Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beach (Must Visit)
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Zipline
- Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach (Must Visit)
- Mangrove Eco Park (Must Visit)
- Yaposan Beach
- Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach (Must See)
- Malugao Beach
- El Nido, Palawan 5D4N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Quality Hotel)
- Agape Transient House (House for rent. Ideal for Big Groups)
- Tay Miloy's Inn (Cheap Accommodation)
- Gawad Kalinga Lodge & Restaurant (Beach front)
- Jack's Place (Nacpan Beach)
- Where to Stay in El Nido, Palawan
- Mezzanine Restobar
- Bald Guy Grill: Big Hungarian Sausage Sandwich
- Odessa Mama Street Cafe: Ukrainian Kitchen
- Daytripper Palawan: Puerto Princesa to El Nido (Recommended)
- Cherry Bus
- RORO Bus
- Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service (Vans)
- Eulen Joy (Vans)
- Boats from El Nido to Coron and Vice Versa