Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lakascomph1/lakas.com.ph/wp-content/plugins/old-to-new-agoda-link-converter/includes/AGLinkConverter.php on line 235
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lakascomph1/lakas.com.ph/wp-content/plugins/old-to-new-agoda-link-converter/includes/AGLinkConverter.php on line 209
Update: December 9, 2014 – Added Mangrove Eco-Park and Mezzanine Restobar.
Ever since I moved here in Palawan, I’ve been to El Nido more than what my fingers could count and just recently I noticed that I still do not have a collective post on what you could really do in El Nido. So here I am writing this post so you would know what I like to do there.
In order of my preference. Starting from the least to the my must do things in El Nido, Palawan.
7. Sunset Viewing in Corong-Corong Beach
Since the Taraw Cliffs blocks the sunset view in the Town Proper of El Nido, one could visit the beach of Corong-Corong during the sunset for minimum fare with a tricycle (10 Pesos/person). The beach has a gradual depression which makes a wide beach during low tide where we walked around during the sunset.
Visit my post about Sunset in Corong-Corong Beach.
Still my best sunset in the country was at Manila Bay during a Solar Eclipse.
6. Walk around Yaposan Beach
Not really a beach but more of small chunks of limestone cliffs that are scattered around at the bottom of the Taraw Cliffs. What I like about this place is that it’s just walking distance from the town proper of El Nido and you can only go there during low tide. Just be careful when climbing the small limestone cliffs as they are really sharp.
The best thing to do in Yaposan Beach is to walk around the “island” as you’ll see different sets of sceneries for just a short walk.
An interesting note on Yaposan Beach is that it’s named out of a movement of love. You can read that on my post about Yaposan Beach.
5. Food Tripping
People would always ask me on where should they eat at El Nido, I must admit that though there are a lot of food to eat at El Nido only a few are exceptional. One of the exceptional places to eat at El Nido is at Mezzanine Restobar where their pizza and pasta is one of my favorite and the ambience is good too. The best though for seafood is during the Island Hopping Tour. The next would be dining at the beach of El Nido Town Proper at Og’s Restaurant. Another favorite of mine is the Blueberry Muffin of Midtown Bakery and the Vegetable Salad and Seafoods of Kyla’s Cocina in Nacpan Beach.
4. Walk on wooden path of the Mangrove Eco Park
El Nido is famous for its islands, beaches and the sea that’s why when I visited the Mangrove Eco Park it felt like I was visiting a different place. This makes it one of my favorite place to visit in El Nido. 3. Sunset viewing at Maremegmeg Beach
Situated near the town proper of El Nido, one could easily get to Maremegmeg Beach and see the sunset there. What I like about this place is that it has there are still huge Talisay Trees (Umbrella Trees) on it’s fine white sand. Plus if you walk to the sand bar you’ll be able to see a huge limestone cliff island.
Unfortunately, it was cloudy when we had our sunset viewing there. Therefore, I will go back to El Nido and will try to see the sunset there.
See my post about Maremegmeg Beach here.
2. Visit to Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beaches
Think of two curved lines that are tangent to each other and then change the line into two white beaches and you have Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beaches. The longest beach I have seen in El Nido but that’s not what you will be going there for. It’s that clear turquoise water when the sun is up and shining, the light-gold colored fine sand where I always walk barefoot and the gradual decrease in depth of water makes this place ideal for swimming and relaxing.
Visit my Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beaches blog post.
1. Island Hopping
My most favorite part of visiting El Nido is to do their island hopping. So far this has been the best Island Hopping experience I’ve had in the Philippines. Not because there were only 3 of us in the boat and the other 2 were honeymooners on my first time here, but because of the fine sand, white beaches, majestic limestone cliffs, clear sea waters, long sandbars, the kind guides and the delicious food they serve during their island hopping tours.
On my numerous trips in El Nido, I’ve done the island hopping tours about 6 times already and I still have not tried Tour D. O well, next time. 😀
Seriously, if you have not done Island Hopping in El Nido, then you have not been to El Nido.
Visit my El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A&C for details.
This is an open ended list as I still will be back to El Nido and will still try other things such as Taraw Cliff Climbing, Nagkalit-kalit Falls, Ille Cave and many more spots that I have heard of. I’ll update this list once I have visited them.
|December 9, 2014||Added Mangorve Eco Park and Mezzanine Restobar.|
Follow my El Nido, Palawan Series
- My Top Things To Do in El Nido (Summary)
- How much did I spend on my 4th time in El Nido (4th Visit Expense Report)
- My El Nido, Palawan Budget (1st Visit Expense Report)
- El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A and C (Helpful)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2011 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2014 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2012)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2016)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C
- Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beach (Must Visit)
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Zipline
- Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach (Must Visit)
- Mangrove Eco Park (Must Visit)
- Yaposan Beach
- Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach (Must See)
- Malugao Beach
- El Nido, Palawan 5D4N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Quality Hotel)
- Agape Transient House (House for rent. Ideal for Big Groups)
- Tay Miloy's Inn (Cheap Accommodation)
- Gawad Kalinga Lodge & Restaurant (Beach front)
- Jack's Place (Nacpan Beach)
- Where to Stay in El Nido, Palawan
- Mezzanine Restobar
- Bald Guy Grill: Big Hungarian Sausage Sandwich
- Odessa Mama Street Cafe: Ukrainian Kitchen
- Daytripper Palawan: Puerto Princesa to El Nido (Recommended)
- Cherry Bus
- RORO Bus
- Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service (Vans)
- Eulen Joy (Vans)
- Boats from El Nido to Coron and Vice Versa