It was the day after my lunch at Gawad Kalinga Lodge & RestaurantÂ and I was bored (again) so I decided to try to visit the beach that one of the staff of the restaurant told me and if I’m lucky I would get to the airport of El Nido.
Notice the Cadlao Island on the pictures. 🙂
(10:27 AM) I started my way back from El Nido Corner then by the cementery, then going past some resorts.
I had a dilemma with this arc as I’m not sure if I will be going through it or not since the walkway is going away of the beach and the only parallel path is through the arc of Taiyo Village. Luckily, there were locals who passed by so I asked them the way. They said that I should go through the walkway of Taiyo Village.
Then I passed by coconut trees and some muddy trail.
(10:47 AM) I finally reached the beach and started walking along it.
At the end of each sandy beach there would be a worn out path that would go by the side of some hills and would sometimes become a trail.
(11:09 AM) Passed by the beach front of Club Hippocampe Last Beach Resort.
(11:14 AM) Then passed by a platform made of rocks. This is the part where I started seeing some snakes along the way. Luckily, they would run away to the hills when I get close that’s why I could continue with my solo walk.
Along the rocks I saw this rusted light bulb. The rust and the water inside indicates that it has been on the sea water for some time and that amazes me since it was still not broken given that the waves would batter it to rocks.
(11:20 AM) I saw these abandoned structures which indicate that there have been developments in the area.
I kept walking until I reached this beach.
I saw two men trying to catch fish about 50 meters from the shore. They were too far away to talk to and the waves would hinder my voice to reach them so I just waved my hand to them.
I’m not really sure about the name of the beach if it’s really Malugao Beach. I only described with friends at El Nido and they told me that’s the name of the beach and they too are not sure if that’s the beach I went too.
I admit that it’s not as amazing as the other beaches of El Nido but it’s good to have the beach all to yourself even for a short while.
I took some rest and decided that I would no longer continue my walk to the airport and go back to the town of El Nido.
(11:34 AM) I started my walk back.
Luckily, when I got back at the place where there are resorts there was a store there so I bought something to drink before I continue going back to town.
(12:26 PM) I was back at the town proper. Finally in time for lunch and some sleep.
Next time I’ll be more prepared and hopefully I get to reach the airport. Or maybe I’ll do it in reverse. 🙂
- I was walking a bit slow as I had to talk with some people along the way.
- I passed by about 5 snakes on way walk to and from Malugao Beach. Please be careful when walking there.
- Stores are only up to Taiyo Village Resort. After that there will no longer be any stores where you can buy drinks.
Follow my El Nido, Palawan Series
- My Top Things To Do in El Nido (Summary)
- How much did I spend on my 4th time in El Nido (4th Visit Expense Report)
- My El Nido, Palawan Budget (1st Visit Expense Report)
- El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A and C (Helpful)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2011 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2014 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2012)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2016)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C
- Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beach (Must Visit)
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Zipline
- Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach (Must Visit)
- Mangrove Eco Park (Must Visit)
- Yaposan Beach
- Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach (Must See)
- Malugao Beach
- El Nido, Palawan 5D4N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Quality Hotel)
- Agape Transient House (House for rent. Ideal for Big Groups)
- Tay Miloy's Inn (Cheap Accommodation)
- Gawad Kalinga Lodge & Restaurant (Beach front)
- Jack's Place (Nacpan Beach)
- Where to Stay in El Nido, Palawan
- Mezzanine Restobar
- Bald Guy Grill: Big Hungarian Sausage Sandwich
- Odessa Mama Street Cafe: Ukrainian Kitchen
- Daytripper Palawan: Puerto Princesa to El Nido (Recommended)
- Cherry Bus
- RORO Bus
- Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service (Vans)
- Eulen Joy (Vans)
- Boats from El Nido to Coron and Vice Versa