This Transient House is no longer available.
I was looking for a house for rent in El Nido for a big group of my friends heading there in the future, so I went first to my friends at Northern Hope Tours to see if they could recommend a place for me. It turns out they were almost finished renovating a private house for the purpose of renting it for big groups of 10-20 persons.
The name of the house is Agape Transient House.
The price of the stay in Agape Transient House is 5,000 Pesos/night.
Your group will get the whole house complete with beds, airconditioned rooms, comfort rooms (CR) and many more.
I wanted to try staying at the house so that I could properly give a review of it, though the owner was reluctant for me to stay as the renovation was not complete even though it was almost complete, they agreed with me so off I went to the house to try it.
When I got there, I liked it! It was a big house and could easily accommodate 16-20 persons.
There were 2 floors. The ground floor common area was spacious and it has a kitchen and table where I sat around all day writing blog posts. Globe signal is good too with 3G Network even on the ground floor.
The kitchen is complete with utensils you could use while you eat, a refrigerator and drinking water. The stove is located outside.
Unfortunately, the 5,000 Pesos/night price does not include the 100 Pesos/meal for the use of the stove. But if you devide 100 Pesos/meal over 10 persons (10 Pesos each) it would be easy for everyone to pay that amount.
There are two rooms, one on each floor. Both are air-conditioned and could accommodate up to 6 persons/room. There’s also a big bed in the common area that could accommodate 4 persons. In total it has a bed capacity for 16 persons. But if you’re a bigger group and can squeeze through the beds it’s no problem with the management.
The second floor has a small landing area where there are cabinets that you can put your stuff into.
There’s also the veranda. My favorite spot as I could go out and just sit there and watch the towering Taraw Cliffs and the sky. My favorite place to have the early morning coffee.
There is 1 CR in the whole house, but when I was there they were building 3 shower rooms outside of the house so that big groups can take a bath quicker.
One notable note on the house is that it has a crazy number of electric sockets!!! It has electric sockets almost on every corner! The ground floor alone has 11 pairs of electric sockets and I still have not counted the one of the second floor and on the veranda.
I’m glad that when the house was built they considered placing a lot of electric sockets as this is one of my problems usually on the accommodations I rent.
I like the location too. It’s actually in the town proper but feels like it’s not in the town proper.
It was never busy nor noisy when I was there. I tried walking along Balinsasayaw Road to get to the beach and it took me around 4 minutes. But later that day I took a right and walked to Calle Real then OsmeÃ±a St. to get to the beach faster (around 3 minutes). The restaurants are closer too if you walk that way.
The market is also less than 5 minutes by tricycle. 10 Pesos/person (one-way).
One of the problems of accommodations in El Nido is water from the faucet. That’s why when I turned on the faucet of Agape Transient House I was surprised to see that the water pressure was strong.
I was wondering why, when I went outside there was a automatic water pump. 🙂
If you’re a group of 2-5 persons I would not recommend it as the 5,000 Pesos/night rate is expensive for your group.
But if your group is around 10 or above, I would highly recommend it. As you get to have the whole house to yourselves, which means that you do not have to lower your voice too low so that you might not disturb the other hotel room or worry about people eavesdropping.
If you’re more than 20 persons, go talk to the persons on the contact information below and just maybe they would allow you to accommodate your whole group.
Plus, it’s spacious. Definitely good for big groups.
And now that all the renovation has been finished you can now book your stay here.
- 0939-902-2216 (Smart)
- 0927-735-3221 (Globe)
Follow my El Nido, Palawan Series
- My Top Things To Do in El Nido (Summary)
- How much did I spend on my 4th time in El Nido (4th Visit Expense Report)
- My El Nido, Palawan Budget (1st Visit Expense Report)
- El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A and C (Helpful)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2011 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2014 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2012)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2016)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C
- Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beach (Must Visit)
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Zipline
- Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach (Must Visit)
- Mangrove Eco Park (Must Visit)
- Yaposan Beach
- Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach (Must See)
- Malugao Beach
- El Nido, Palawan 5D4N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Quality Hotel)
- Agape Transient House (House for rent. Ideal for Big Groups)
- Tay Miloy's Inn (Cheap Accommodation)
- Gawad Kalinga Lodge & Restaurant (Beach front)
- Jack's Place (Nacpan Beach)
- Where to Stay in El Nido, Palawan
- Mezzanine Restobar
- Bald Guy Grill: Big Hungarian Sausage Sandwich
- Odessa Mama Street Cafe: Ukrainian Kitchen
- Daytripper Palawan: Puerto Princesa to El Nido (Recommended)
- Cherry Bus
- RORO Bus
- Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service (Vans)
- Eulen Joy (Vans)
- Boats from El Nido to Coron and Vice Versa