If you are still thinking where to stay in El Nido then I would highly suggest that you consider staying in Sea Cocoon Hotel. We stayed here last June 2016 for 2 nights and so far this is the highest quality of hotel that I have stayed in El Nido, Palawan.
Here are some of the reasons why I would recommend staying in Sea Cocoon Hotel.
1. Quality rooms
The hotel’s motto is ‘Comfort is our pride’ and they take pride on it by providing guests with rooms that are comfortable, spacious, clean and everything that I want in a hotel was in it.
We were inside our room most of our stay. When we went on a tour it was a really nice to just get inside a clean and comfortable room after a tiring day.
By the way, it is a standard that they clean all rooms everyday unless you request otherwise.
Each room has an open cabinet, a TV, a safety vault, mirror, table, chair and your own private bathroom.
Their rates starts at 3,600 Pesos (80 USD)* for a room for 2 persons. The rate is not your budget accommodation level but the quality of Sea Cocoon Hotel is worth its price.
* Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Visit their website for their updated rates at www.seacocoon.com.
2. Easily accessible
It iss walking distance from the following.
- Beach of El Nido Town Proper (100 meters)
- Midtown Bakery
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Pier where travelers ride the boat to Coron
- Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in the Municipal Hall
- Restaurants such as Trattoria Altrove, Mezzanine, Bald Guy Grill, Odessa Mama, Squidos and many more.
- Sari-sari stores where you can buy some groceries and other stuff that you need
There’s also a lot of tricycles passing by which could take you to the following.
3. For Couples and Families
The hotel is designed for couple and families, even for friends that travel with other friends.
Check out their rooms on the pictures below.
4. Big Breakfast Servings
We had a buffet breakfast and a plated breakfast in Sea Cocoon Hotel. The buffet breakfast is a given big serving since I could just go back and get more food when I finished my plate but during the plated breakfast the servings were generous.
During plated breakfast, we had a menu to order from.
On both types of breakfast the cereals, milk, coffee, tea, water, juice and fruits are still buffet style.
5. Water Quality
One of the biggest problems of lodgings in El Nido are water pressure and the quality of water. During our stay we never had a problem with water pressure and the quality of water regardless how long I did my shower. (I love long showers!)
They also have hot and cold showers if you love changing the temperature for your morning or late night showers.
All bathrooms in the rooms include towels, face towels, cups for toothbrush, tissues, bidet, complimentary soaps and shampoo with conditioner.
6. 24 hour front desk
We arrived at around 1 AM and their front desk still has someone on it. So we did not have to wait or go look for their staff to check us in. Even at that early morning we had a very smooth check-in.
A staff even carried our bags to our room in the early morning when we arrived.
By the way, you can order hot and cold drinking water for free anytime to your room. 🙂
7. Electric Sockets and Mobile Signal
If you’re like us who travel with our laptops, cameras and phones we would need a serious amount of electric sockets. I was very happy that our room had many electric sockets that I did not have to use my extension wire just for us to have more sockets.
WiFi was reachable from our room too. It was fast most of the time, especially during the early morning. During the times that it was not fast we were using our own Mobile Internet which was fast too.
As we were touring their different rooms I was very mindful of the mobile signal and I am very happy that all rooms had good cellular network coverage both for Smart and Globe.
8. Lobby to meet friends and work
If you have friends that are also in El Nido you can meet them in their lobby area which is spacious and has lots of chairs.
I love this area because I get to work there without being near the bed. They have lots of electric sockets there too, so I could work on my laptop and charge my phone for a significant amount of time.
You can also sit down at the breakfast area, but they do not offer lunch and dinner. You can order brewed coffee here if you’d like.
9. Swimming Pool
They have a swimming pool inside, so if you are not in the mood to head to the beach but would like to just swim or just sit down in a body of water, you can do this within the hotel. Great for kids.
They provide towels while you use the swimming pool.
10. They accept Credit Cards
If you’re the traveler that does not like bringing a lot of cash, you can pay the hotel using Credit Cards.
So far the best hotel I have stayed in El Nido both in terms of quality and location.
Get to know more about Sea Cocoon Hotel.
I look forward to staying in Sea Cocoon Hotel in El Nido again.
Follow my El Nido, Palawan Series
- My Top Things To Do in El Nido (Summary)
- How much did I spend on my 4th time in El Nido (4th Visit Expense Report)
- My El Nido, Palawan Budget (1st Visit Expense Report)
- El Nido Island Hopping Combination Tour A and C (Helpful)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2011 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2014 Visit)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2012)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B (2016)
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C
- Nacpan and Calitang Twin Beach (Must Visit)
- El Nido Canopy Walk
- El Nido Zipline
- Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach (Must Visit)
- Mangrove Eco Park (Must Visit)
- Yaposan Beach
- Sunset at Corong-Corong Beach (Must See)
- Malugao Beach
- El Nido, Palawan 5D4N Budget and Itinerary (Helpful)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Quality Hotel)
- Agape Transient House (House for rent. Ideal for Big Groups)
- Tay Miloy's Inn (Cheap Accommodation)
- Gawad Kalinga Lodge & Restaurant (Beach front)
- Jack's Place (Nacpan Beach)
- Where to Stay in El Nido, Palawan
- Mezzanine Restobar
- Bald Guy Grill: Big Hungarian Sausage Sandwich
- Odessa Mama Street Cafe: Ukrainian Kitchen
- Daytripper Palawan: Puerto Princesa to El Nido (Recommended)
- Cherry Bus
- RORO Bus
- Palawan Lexus Shuttle Service (Vans)
- Eulen Joy (Vans)
- Boats from El Nido to Coron and Vice Versa