Our tricycle increased its speed when we were approaching the Cape Bolinao Lighthouse but the road to the lighthouse was too steep that we stopped halfway and the tricycle scarily skid a little before we stopped fully. We quickly went out to lessen the weight of the tricycle. Our driver then advised us to walk to the lighthouse, even if he does not advise us we would happily walk than to risk getting into an accident.
Unfortunately, we were not able to go inside the lighthouse because it was locked. According to our tricycle driver if the one guarding the lighthouse was there we could have gotten permission to climb. O well, it was still great to see a lonely sentinel again.
If you’re coming from Abrac Beach in Patar you can walk to the lighthouse though the walk is a bit long if you’re not used to walking and it’s mostly uphill. Rough distance estimate is less than 700 meters.
But you can get there by availing of the tricycle tour in Bolinao that costs 800 Pesos/tricycle, 4pax per tricycle. Warning: The tricycle may not have enough power to go uphill with your group inside, be ready to walk when you are near the lighthouse.
You can walk to Abrac Beach in Patar. Walking is mostly downhill and little far.
If you avail of the tricycle tour the driver will wait for you.
- There are chairs and tables where you can eat before the steep uphill to the lighthouse.
- There are comfort rooms in the lighthouse’ vicinity, unfortunately it is not well maintained and only the people who can bear a strong odor could go in.
- There are no sari-sari store or karinderya’s in the vicinity of the lighthouse. You may go down to Abrac Beach for some food and water.
This is a part of my 12 for 2012 Travel Project that aims to document 12 local destination in the Philippines in 2012 to help travellers plan their trips faster.
Follow my Bolinao and Alaminos, Pangasinan Series
- My Bolinao & Alaminos, Pangasinan Expenses (Helpful)
- Bolinao â€“ Alaminos, Pangasinan Budget & Itinerary (Helpful)
- How to get to Hundred Islands National Park from Bolinao, Pangasinan (Helpful)
- Tricycle Tour Around Bolinao, Pangasinan (Helpful)
- Abrac Beach in Brgy Patar, Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Cape Bolinao Lighthouse in Pangasinan
- 3 Caves of Bolinao, Pangasinan
- UP Marine Science Institute at Bolinao, Pangasinan
- 2 Restaurants that you should know when in Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Pasalubong from Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Lodgings in Abrac Beach in Patar, Bolinao, Pangasinan (Helpful)
- Short-Time in Dos Flores at Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Island Hopping in Hundred Islands National Park (Helpful)
- Hundred Islands Service Boat Guide (Helpful)
- Hundred Islands Tourist Welcome Center