This post is already outdated. For a more recent information please visit the links listed at the end of this post.
0830 AM ETD Iligan City from Cagayan de Oro
1030 AM ETA Iligan City; Rent a jeep for a half day tour
1100 AM Dine at Dear Manok; Early Lunch
1145 AM ETD Tinago Falls Jump-off
1230 PM ETA Tinago Falls jump-off; Pay Entrance Fee; Start going down to the falls
1250 PM ETA Tinago Falls; Rest a bit then swim and explore the place
0230 PM Start going back to the jump-off
0250 PM ETA Rest a bit then head for Mimbalot Falls
0310 PM ETA Mimbalot Falls; Swim and explore the place
0340 PM ETD Maria Cristina Falls
0400 PM ETA Maria Cristina Falls gate; Register, then drive and walk to the falls
0430 PM ETD Maria Cristina Gardens; Buy packed dinner from the city
0530 PM ETA Maria Cristina Gardens; Early dinner while sunset with the view of Iligan Bay
0630 PM ETD Back to Iligan bus station
0700 PM ETA Iligan bus station; Ride bus to Cagayan de Oro
0900 PM ETA Cagayan de Oro
ETA – Estimated Time of Arrival
ETD – Estimeted Time of Departure
Budget per person (for 3 pax)
P100.00 – Bus from Cagayan de Oro to Iligan City
P333.33 – Jeepney Rental (P1,000 per jeepney)
P150.00 – Lunch at Dear Manok
P10.00 – Entrance Fee at Tinago Falls
P20.00 – Life Jacket Rental at Tinago Falls
P10.00 – Bamboo Raft Rental
P150.00 – Packed dinner bought from the city to be eaten at Maria Cristina Gardens
P100.00 – Bus from Iligan City to Cagayan de Oro
P200.00 – Extra Money
P1073.33 – TOTAL BUDGET per person
- There are banks located in Iligan City. Banco de Oro (BDO), Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) and MetroBank.
- There’s an existing strict competition between two bus companies that has franchise on the route Cagayan de Oro to Iligan City. Too strict, that I just payed P50 for my one-way ride, but my ticket says I paid P100. Both bus companies practices this.
- Be careful when going down the stairs to Tinago Falls. It is not well maintained and there are lots of slippery portions.
- Bring water when going to Tinago Falls. If you were not able to buy from the city, the registration area sells some food and beverages.
- Take your time when going down and going up the stairs in Tinago Falls. Some of my relatives collapsed during their way up due to lack of oxygen. Rest and take deep breathes when you are having a hard time.
- You are not allowed to swim without a life jacket in Tinago Falls. Better safe than sorry.
- Mimbalot Falls is not a popular falls. I’ve tried asking around but many people in Iligan City does not know it exists.
- You need an ID to enter Maria Cristina Falls, this is for security reason of the dam.
- To enter Maria Cristina Gardens you must be accompanied by a person who has a deceased relative/friend buried in the cemetery.
- Always consider the driver when buying food and beverages. He also needs to eat and drink.
- Though Maria Cristina Falls and Maria Cristina Gardens are similar in names their location are very far from each other, they’re on both ends of the city.
- Practice Leave No Trace principle. Bring and throw your garbage at the proper disposal.
[sam id=17 codes=’false’]