I highly recommend Sand Bar Island Beach Resort in Concepcion when you have your trip to Iloilo because of the following reasons
- Closer to Nature– I’m not a fan of concrete structured lodgings, that’s why when I went to Sand Bar Island Beach Resort I love how everything was made almost entirely of bamboo and other wood products.
- Long Sandbar – I’m a fan of sandbars. There’s this awesome feeling when I take a long walk on sand bars. The feeling of the unobstructed wind. Waves crashing on your left and right. Knowing you can just take a dip whenever you want. Their sandbar is about 200 meter long
- Lowtide strolling – There’s an abundant formation of corals in the area. With abundant corals comes many different kinds of marine life. Actually the owner, Sonny Eusala, preserves the corals and other natural resources well within the vicinity of the resort. They also culture live clams that can be walked to during the low tide. Be careful when walking with the clams, do not insert any part of your body in them. They have strong muscles enough to crush your hand when they close.
[sam id=”18″ codes=”true”]
- Less crowded– Unless you are unfortunate to be mixed with guests that are many in numbers, Sand Bar Island Beach Resort is actually very quiet. The nearest town would be on another island.
- Island Hopping Activity – I love Island Hopping! From here you can rent a boat to get to Agho Island, Malangabang Island and Tambalisa Island.
- Cook out – Cook outs makes you closer to the people around you because you work hard for your food. If it tastes good you get praised and if it tastes bad you all laugh at your mistake. In Sand Bar Island Beach Resort you don’t have a choice but to do cook outs. There are no restaurant nor stores inside Sand Bar Island Beach Resort so you’ll have to buy ingredients and toiletries in the town proper of Concepcion before riding on a boat. The market is just walking distance from the port.
Note:Sand Bar Island Beach Resort sells 12 oz and 1.5L softdrinks and 5 gallons of drinking water. Better if you pre-arrange this with the owner.
Check out the details about Sand Bar Island Beach Resort below
Sand Bar Island Beach Resort
Location Bolobadiangan Island, Concepcion, Iloilo
- From Iloilo City, go to Tagbak Transport Terminal via jeepney or taxi (150 Pesos). Travel Time is approximately 25 minutes.
- Ride a HPQ Bus at Tagbak Transport Terminal going to Concepcion, Iloilo. Non-airconditioned.
First Trip is 6:30 AM; Last Trip is 5:30 PM; Bus interval is 30-45 mins. Fare is 125 Pesos and 110 Pesos for Senior Citizen and Students. Travel Time is 3 hours.
- Go to the Concepcion Tourism Office, register and pay the 25 Pesos Environmental Fee. Buy supplies at the Concepcion market, then walk to the port to ride pre-arranged pump boat.
- Ride a pre-arranged pump boat that will take you to Sand Bar Island Beach Resort. Contact Sonny Eusala above.
Round Trip Prices – 1,500 Pesos for 4 pax; 2,000 Pesos for 10 pax; 2,500 Pesos for 20 pax;
Travel Time is 30 minutes.
- Ride pre-arranged pump boat that will take you back to Concepcion, Iloilo. Travel Time is 30 minutes.
- Walk to the HPQ Terminal. This is farther than where you got off the bus. You may ride a tri-sikad for 5 pesos per person.
- Ride an HPQ Bus going to Iloilo City. Fare and travel time is the same as going to Concepcion from Iloilo City. First Trip is 5:30AM; Last Trip is 3:30PM; 30 to 45 minutes intervals. The bus will stop at Tagbak Transport Terminal
- Ride taxi or jeep going to SM City. Travel Time is approximately 25 minutes.
[sam id=”18″ codes=”true”]
- 25 Pesos – Entrance Fee, exclusive of cottages.
- Big Cottage (overnight) – 1,000 Pesos/cottage; Can fit 4 pax. 10 pax kung magsiksikan.
- Small Cottage (overnight) – 800 Pesos/cottage; Can fit 2 pax.
- Open Cottage – 300 Pesos/cottage for day tourists; Free for overnighters.
- 20 Pesos/container – fresh water for taking a bath
- 100 Pesos/5 gallons – drinking water
- 1,000 Pesos – Island hopping to Agho Island, Malangabang Island and Tambalisa Island; This will take you 4 to 5 hours.
- Free Kitchen Use with plates and utensils. Tell in advance how many would you be using.
- Before you go contact the resort to reserve your cottage if you are going to stay there overnight.
- There is a clean Comfort Room and Shower Room in the Resort.
- Be sure to walk around during low tide to see corals, star fish and clams.
- Don’t forget to bring your swimming gear.
- Pitching tents is possible, please ask the resort on how much is the fee for pitching tents.
- You can contact the Concepcion Tourism Office via 0999-771-0086 (Jim Pendon)
- Here’s a suggested Itinerary when you want to visit Concepcion, Iloilo.