Registering for the Trail Run
Originally, we were planning to go to Marinduque on the weekend of September 12, 2010 but when we heard that TNF Thrill of the Trail will be in Bohol, I had doubts on the Marinduque trip. Then a rumor came out that the route will be including the Chocolate Hills and they said it was a Chocolate Hills Challenge, Marinduque quickly became a second priority and we signed up for the TNF Thrill of the Trail.
I’ve always dreamt of climbing the Chocolate Hills and since I knew that it was a protected area, I knew that my dream was close to impossible. I was actually expecting that the route was going up the Chocolate Hills.
When TNF Megamall texted me that the race packets can be picked up, I excitedly went to the store, gave my receipt, took my race packet and viewed the map. NOOOO!!! The race route was not going up the Chocolate Hills. I already had a plane ticket to Bohol, there’s no turning back now even if my dream was not going to come true.
I flew to Bohol, rode a 3 hours bus provided by the organizer and I was now in front of the starting line.
My goal was simple, run and take pictures. No worrying about the time. For me it was a 11km trail fun run. 😀
Guess what the 11km trail fun run had in store for me?
I just ran and mostly walked until I reached the
It took me almost 3 hours just to finish my 11Km Trail Fun Run/Walk. 🙂
Other things I liked
- The dialect of the crowd was mainly Bisaya. My provincial dialect. 🙂
- The trail was dynamic, you’ll never get bored.
- The route wasn’t easy, it was challenging.
- Free bus ride from Tagbilaran to Danao and back.
- During the pre-race briefing in Tagbilaran, I liked how the organizer stressed out that to help the local people we should support their local businesses.
Rooms for Improvement
- There was a shortage of water and sports drink during the race.
- The claim stub for the luggage counter was made of cartolina paper. It could get easily wet and be torn to pieces.
- The schedule of the bus ride going back to Danao wasn’t announced properly. I was asking around and I was getting different answer from different organizers.
Thanks for The North Face (TNF) for organizing this event. Also to the sponsors who supported the event. I really enjoyed the trail. I hope there will be a next time.