0700 AM ETD to Eastwood, Montalban from Cubao (FX/Shuttle)
0845 AM ETA Eastwood, Montalban; Wait for Jeep to Wawa Dam
0900 AM ETA Wawa Dam; explore the place
1200 NN Lunch
0100 PM Pack up
0115 PM ETD to Eastwood, Montalban (Jeep)
0130 PM ETA Eastwood; Wait for FX/Shuttle to Cubao
0315 PM ETA Cubao
P45.00 – FX/Shuttle from Cubao to Eastwood, Montalban
P8.00 – Jeep from Eastwood, Montalban to Wawa Dam
P8.00 – Jeep from Wawa Dam to Eastwood, Montalban
P45.00 – FX/Shuttle from Eastwood, Montalban to Cubao
P100.00 – Food and Drinks
P50.00 – Cottage Rental (P100 per cottage)
P100.00 – Extra Money
P356.00 – TOTAL BUDGET per pax
January to June
- There are lines of FX/Shuttle to Eastwood, Montalban at Cubao.- Below the stairs of MRT, in front of Farmers Plaza.- In front of Jollibee Farmers Plaza.- At Aurora Boulevard, in front of Gateway Mall.
Travel Time: 1hr 45mins
Fare: P45 per person
- There are also FX/Shuttle passing in front of Robinsons East.Travel Time: 1hr 15minsFare: P35 per person
An alternative is to take the jeepney from Cubao/Philcoa/Robinson’s East then ride a tricycle or wait for a jeepney to Wawa Dam.
- There’s a line of jeepneys to Wawa, Montalban at the parking lot of Jollibee Philcoa. Their route is via Batasan.Travel Time: 1hr 30mins.(Fare to be researched)
- There’s a line of jeepneys to Wawa, Montalban in front of Jollibee Cubao. Their route is via Batasan.Travel Time: 1hr 45mins.Fare is P35 per person.
- There are jeepneys to Wawa, Montalban that passes at Aurora Boulevard in front of Gateway Mall. Their route is via Marikina.Travel Time: 2hrs.Fare is 35 per person.
- There are jeepneys to Wawa, Montalban that passes at Marcos Highway, in front of Robinson’s East.Travel Time: 1hr 30mins.Fare is P26 per person.
- Jeepney from Cubao are available 24 hours. But the frequency becomes low after 10PM to 5AM.
- Jeepneys with the route Kasiglahan to Wawa Dam are available from 5AM to 8PM.
- Tricycles at Wawa Dam are available 24 hours. Usually the fare is P8 per person (one-way), but when they know that you are new to the place or a tourist they raise the price to P15 per person (one-way). If you’re tired of waiting you can hire the whole tricycle for P50 per tricycle (one-way).
- There are cottages made for tourist near the dam. The fee is about P100 per cottage (May 2010). You can stay here and dip in the waters. You can only do this when the water is not raging.
- Spelunking can also be done. Go to the Department of Tourism (DOT) office and ask for guides there for a fee. (Will research more on the guide fee) According to the DOT office, best time to start spelunking is 8AM in the morning. It takes about 4 hours to go through the caves. Some spelunkers even go overnight in the caves. Bring flashlights, expected to get wet and preferably wear shoes.
- Hiking the hills can also be an activity here. So as trail running. You can ask for guides in the tourism office.
- Rock Climbing can also be done here, but you must be with a rock/sports climbing group such as Power Up.
- Swimming in the waters can also be done. Be careful when doing this. Be sure to be accompanied by another person when doing this. Do not swim where the current is strong. Many accidents happen here.
Take IBP Road then take the Batasan – San Mateo Road. Turn left to Gen. A. Luna, just keep going, the end of the road will be Wawa Dam, Montalban.
Take Aurora Boulevard going to Marcos Highway. After passing Katipunan go up the flyover, this will take you to A. Bonifacio Ave in Marikina, then after crossing the bridge of Marikina River turn left to J.P. Rizal Street. Just keep going the end of the road will be Wawa Dam, Montalban.
- There are sari-sari stores located around Wawa Dam.
- There are karinderyas also. When we ate here, I orderedP40.00 – Chicken Adobo
P10.00 – 1 cup of rice
P25.00 – 1 500mL C2 Lemon
P75.00 – Total
- You can rinse at the DOT Office. We’ll research more on where you can rinse and if there is a fee needed to be payed.
- Fruits, vegetables and fishes can be bought along the way to the dam.
- When we went here last May 2010, one of the people I am with bought a whole langka (jackfruit) for P100.
- When I joined the Merrel Adventure Run I saw plantation of eggplants along the riverside.
- Be careful when going inside the watch tower of the dam, there are 3 deep holes in it. Please do not throw your trash in there.
- This is where the Legend of Bernardo Carpio happened.
- Please dispose all your trash on the proper disposal. If possible throw it at the trash can in your own home. Practice Leave No Trace principle.